Monday, March 16, 2009

Butterfly




If you haven't already asked me I'm sure you've pondered the question "why does Lisa like butterflies so much..." The reason why I'm writing about this is because the butterfly pictures up above was how I had my room painted at my parents house. They just recently painted over them and it has had me thinking about it. About 2 years ago I was really going through a hard time in my life and was feeling SO lost. I would cry in my room almost every night to my dear mom and my bunk bed buddy Anj had to hear it a lot of nights too. I'm sure everyone has felt that way a time or two in their lives, so I'm sure you know the feeling I'm talking about. Feeling like you don't know what you should be doing and even if you did you still wouldn't feel 'whole'. The way I would describe it to my mom is that it felt like i had a hole in me...something was missing... something just wasn't making sense. I had the best family in the world and was about to graduate my hair school, had recently received my young woman recognition, moved out for a little bit and had a blast with my sister and 2 friends...... I just couldn't make sense of things. Well during that time in my life I had been praying and reading my scriptures more than ever because I just wanted this empty feeling to be gone. One day i was at the mall and i saw this shirt with butterflies on it, for some reason looking at those butterflies made me feel something... I felt this joy and freedom, they looked like these little creatures that had to go through something to be the beautiful creatures they were...they didn't start out that way, it took time. So more and more I found myself getting drawn in to butterfly things. I remember deciding one day that I needed to put something in my room to brighten up my world! So my patient and understanding parents let me paint BRIGHT green and BRIGHT blue walls with butterflies on them. It sounds so silly and probably not something anyone can understand but it really did brighten up my world. That is why butterflies are so meaningful to me. I love my butterfly wedding ring because for me it represents growing into an eternal relationship that has happiness, challenges, and Joy, but isn't always easy but at the end of the day is something that is so beautiful.

1 comment:

Allan and Teresa Tipton said...

Lisa, you just made me cry. I love you so much. I have never heard you explain why you love butterflies so much and now I understand! What a beautiful woman you are! I love you!
Mom