Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And again....


So yesterday while at work I starting breaking out in red bumps everywhere and I was itching like CRAZY! First thought was "well maybe I'm having an allergic reaction to something..." well the dots kept coming and the itching didn't stop so I went to the doctors and what do you know.....CHICKEN POX AGAIN! It's just so crazy to me that I never had them growing up so when I was in Jr. High i got the vaccine for them and just last October I got them for the first time! And here I am about 8 months later with the chicken pox AGAIN! Luckily though last time I didn't get them as bad as most people get them and this time I have gotten it a little worse but like I said not nearly as bad as most people, just bad enough to have to stay home from work, which stinks bad!!!! But I do feel blessed that I haven't had them that severe. :)

4 comments:

The Caldwells said...

oh my goodness! i thought they were a one time thing. you poor chica. i'm sorry - feel better!

Unknown said...

Multiple mini outbreaks from chickenpox is quite common in people who have been vaxed for CP, also shingles outbreaks are quite common. The college I attend had 6 people get shingles this year all under 25, all vaxed and no history of CP. I have had a friend in your situation a few years back who got 4 mini outbreaks of pox in a years time. Each worse than the other, finally she exposed her self to the real pox from her sister's kid and got a good case and has not had another outbreak. I hope this helps.

Kylie Blackwell said...

Oh I was thinking about you today! Hope your feeling better! And I hope you like your hair! Sorry again you had to take me all over! I am LAME!

kelsey and murray said...

lis- chicken pox? thats no fun at all. is there anything we can do for you?