Friday, May 28, 2010

Hmm, Pregnancy...I think so

I've always heard woman when they are pregnant say "oh it's just my pregnant brain..." and every time I would hear that I would seriously think, " oh blah blah blah come on just admit you had a stupid moment and you forgot..." ha ha ha more or less ;). Well maybe I am just stupid, but I'm pretty sure something really has happened to my brain while being pregnant.

Here's a list of today's SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS...or what Garett would call, A LISA MOMENT, and in this case MOMENTS!

* While attempting to count back a customer's cash of $250.00, I simply forgot how to count and it sounded something like this... "50, 90, 100...wait no no no that's not right" while my face is turning bright red and surprised there isn't sweat dripping off my face and the customer interrupting me in the middle of this nonsense counting saying "that's not right...you skipped $100...do you need me to help..." I'm not sure how long I sat there and tried to remember how to count but it felt like forever. Bless his patient kind soul. He ended up just leaving with his cash and saying nicely "Trust me, it's all here...you don't need to count it."

* Eating a fair amount of Cheetos that someone I work with had kindly donated to the rest of us employees, and not noticing until later that day I had Cheeto crumbs all down my blouse... awesome.

* My drawer or till was off by a fair amount, but thanks to the help of a girl I work with she was able to find some pretty dumb mistakes I made on my tickets...few I balanced.

* Wasn't able to scan my work because who knows why, but having a kid I work with walk over, pick up my work and send it through...just like that....hm fancy that.

* Joking with the people I work with about the crazy day I had and they were teasing me about the whole money counting thing and so when I started walking away I...ran into the wall...yes I walked right INTO the wall.

* After a very fun evening with the Blackwells at the bowling alley, we had made it to the parking lot and almost to our cars when I looked down and realized "hm, that's weird I still have my bowling shoes on" I honestly couldn't even remember what must of been going on in my my brain when everyone else was putting their shoes back on and returning them back to the front...still trying to figure that one out.

Well I'm glad for tomorrow that I get a second chance, hopefully...

7 comments:

kelsey and murray said...

lis i just about died laughing at this post! hey at least you have a good excuse right? call us next time you guys go bowling, we miss you!

Mandy said...

Hahahaha Lisa i love you! Thank heavens it was Friday right?

Joey said...

Oh Lisa, you make me laugh! I wish I could tell you that pregnancy is the only reason that you do dumb things but, I am afraid that you will find that once the baby is here the dumb things may keep happening. I found that with each baby I lost brain cells...They never come back you know. But, the good news is, it's kind of nice living in this world a little crazy! hehe.

The Caldwells said...

k, i laughed so hard reading this - wish i could have seen you walk into the wall. ha! you're such a doll. i bought the cutest outfit for your little chica! can't wait to give it to you

Caldwell Family 6 said...

You are so dang funny girl! We just love ya'! Thanks for being such a sweetheart! LoR

Allan and Teresa Tipton said...

I hate to tell you this but it doesn't end with the pregnancy!

Kayla said...

Lisa that is too funny! I love the pic in you in bowling shoes! That makes me laugh!!!!