Wednesday, July 7, 2010

BUSY with FUN

We have a had a lot of good fun things going on lately and I have gotten behind on blogging it all, so I'm going try and catch myself up!

In May Garett interviewed for a new job which would allow him to be home EVERY night and not travel anymore. When he first applied the thought of him getting the job was like something I couldn't even think was real or a possibility because I was so use to him traveling for the past year and a half. Well he kept getting another interview...and another interview... and finally in the beginning of June he was offered the job!!! We both were thrilled and it was one of those times where I felt like it was too good to be true and it humbled me because I had to ask myself "do I really deserve this blessing?" But we have been loving having him here every day! I have been loving cooking dinner and looking in my fridge and seeing A FULL FRIDGE AND FREEZER...The little things in life that I appreciate so much more now and that I probably would have taken for granted before. We both learned so much though from his traveling and we are grateful for the experiences and strength we gained from it. What a blessing to have him home for our baby girl!

I also changed jobs as well. I was working at Prestige Salon and Spa doing hair, but Gar and I just both felt that it would be best for our family and new addition to the family if I started the transition of me doing hair on my own now so I can be a stay at home mommy but still work doing hair. So I am working part time at a bank until I have the baby and doing hair part time.I miss all the girls at the salon but Thanks to my HARDWORKING Dad, Mom, Gar, and anyone else that has helped out, I now have a new beautiful Salon to work out of from home! It has been so fun, I LOVE BEING A HAIRSTYLIST!

Garett and I had been talking about getting a new car for awhile now, one that would get better gas mileage and be a good car for lugging around baby bug. When I was at work one day he called me and said he was at the car dealership but that there wasn't really anything there that we would be interested in, but he wanted to pick me up after work and take me up there with him and have me look as well to see what I thought. Well when he came to pick me up he was in OUR NEW CAR! I was so surprised and SO happy!! I have never had a new car before! It was so sweet of him! I was too scared to drive it at first though because I was scared to wrecking it! I'm so grateful for our car! It's a 2010 silver Toyota corolla s!

We celebrated the 4th up at the Caldwell's cabin. It was fun to spend time with everyone and just have fun and relax! We came home sunday night and then Monday we were able to get some stuff done around the house, had lunch with my family, went with my dad to go see the movie Knight and day, and then ended the night watching some fireworks at Brandon and Michelle's. It was all good fun!

I am now 28 weeks! I'm starting to feel more uncomfortable, and give into some of my cravings! I don't really have any weird cravings just cravings. I crave ice cream and CEREAL...AH I LOVE CEREAL! We are getting more and more anxious to meet this little girl! She is moving around like crazy...whoa! I finally have bought some little clothes for her, but she still needs much more ha ha! We are pretty sure we have a name for her but we aren't 100% sure yet so I'm not going to announce anything yet :) he he.





3 comments:

Allan and Teresa Tipton said...

It is always fun to check out your posts!

Adam and Hilary said...

Congrats on your salon! That is great Garett is home now and you have a new car! I am happy and excited for you to have a baby girl!!

Kayla said...

I love the pics!
How fun that you have your own salon and can work from home!! Congrats on the new car and Jobs!