Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Give Thanks!

So Cambria Inspired me; on her blog she posted 10 things she's grateful for due to thanksgiving being around the corner. So here's my list of 10 things I'm most grateful for!

1.Garett: I married my best friend in the whole entire world! He travels a lot and my clients at work are always telling me "oh just wait...there will come a time when you will love it when he's gone" and I can honestly say that I will never love having my best friend and love of my life gone. We have such a special marriage that I cherish so much. Garett treats me like a prized jewel and one of heavenly fathers daughters which melts my heart every time I think about. I am so proud of the man that I married, the man that honors his priesthood and cares about his family more than anything and would do anything and everything for them. His patience is slowly teaching me everyday how to be patient! I love this guy more than anything... So Grateful for him!

2.The Gospel: I was born into the church but throughout the years have gained my own testimony of my savior Jesus Christ. I am so Thankful to have this knowledge in my life and to hopefully bless the lives of others with this knowledge.

3.Great Parents: Growing up and even now my parents have always put themselves last. They have always been so concerned about their kids needs and wants, and that is what makes them happy. They are so selfless. I'm thankful for my moms sweet innocent spirit and kindness that she generates to everyone! And my dads faith in the lord and hard work in everything he does. Over a year ago when I married Gar I received 2 more great parents! I'm thankful for the examples they are to me and Gar, the love they show us, and great friends they are to us and all their children.

4.Siblings/nieces and nephews: Although we do have our drama and hard times I'm grateful that I have always had a good reationship with all my siblings. They are all my best friends and who I turn to when I need anything! It's been so great having my siblings get married and get inlaws and having my husbands siblings as my own too! I love all the little ones and the smiles they bring me. The relationships I have with them is what i will cary with me into the eternities. My parents always tried teaching me that when I was little that my famiy would always be there but others wouldn't, and I understand that now. I am very thankful for the more than awesome friends that I have in my life too though, they are all great examples and true friends.

5.Overall good health: Even though Garett calls me " A medical nightmare" I am so glad for the health I have. This may sound dumb, but how blessed am I to have 2 hands and legs that work properly. I am able to do hair because of that! I am able to do a lot of things in life like traveling, exercising, working, etc, etc.

6.Work: I have always been taught the importance of work and responsibity ever since I was little thanks to my parents and great softball coaches. When I was playing on my coach pitch softball team I had a tiny expericen that has just always stuck with me- It was at the end out one of our practices at we were having a little meeting with our parents. My coach asked "what time tomorrow would be the best time for everyone to have practice? If everyone can do in that morning that would be great, but what can you all do?" I raised my hand and said "Can we please do 2:00" my mom had embarrassment written all over her face, and my coach replied "why 2:00?" And I feeling so smart "so I have more time to play with my friends...(duh)" coach- "okay 2:00 it is" It was SO simple!!! Well the next day I was late to my practice because I was with my friend too long! My coach came over to me with the most dissapointed look on his face and said "now, wouldn't it have been better to practice first and have the rest of the day to play?" YES! Since I was 16 I had a job and/or played softball in high school! I'm blessed that Gar and I both have jobs! So Grateful!

7.Home Sweet Home: I love my little house! We were very blessed to be able to get into our first home when we did! So grateful!

8.God bless America...And Utah?:Yes I love Utah and so happy that I was raised here! I am so proud to admit that! I love living somewhere that I love! So Grateful!

9.Car: Yes,"Ol' Blue" can have her moments but she has been so great! We don't have a payment on her anymore and what is better than a free car? She gets me from point A to point B! So grateful!

10.Louie: WELL.... I just love the little guy :)

2 comments:

Joey said...

Oh Lisa, You are just the BEST! I am grateful for YOU! So glad you are part of our family. You are gentle and kind and so patient with all of us. Thank you!

Allan and Teresa Tipton said...

Lisa, I love you so much! You also have that kind, sweet and innocent spirit. It's called being humble and meek, which is what Heavenly Father wants us to be.