Monday, July 19, 2010

Great Weekend!

Garett and I had a GREAT weekend! We were able to go up to the Caldwell cabin with my my family, everyone was able to make it for at least some of the time besides Brett, Tara, and Brian...we missed them!

We left Friday night after work and ate some dinner, talked, played some games, and then went to bed because MY FEET WERE SO SWOLLEN from the heat and I couldn't stand to sit there any longer, ha ha!

We woke up and My mom and I made some YUMMY breakfast! To me, nothing is better than having my mom's french toast and homemade syrup... I'm sure everyone feels that way about their mom's cooking though! :) I was spoiled growing up because I always had homemade syrup, jam, ranch, and vegetables from the garden! My parents did it to save money, but to me it was such a treat and still is!! I always appreciated my moms hard work in the kitchen and my dads hard work in the garden!


After breakfast Laurie, Landen, their kids, and Anj and Garrett came up and we went out on the boat! It was so much fun to be out there with everyone!

Cute Anj and Me


Gar did just about everything and Is still feeling the consequences of it! But I LOVE watching him do everything on the lake, because he ALWAYS has this huge smile on his face, he reminds me a little kid that never ever wants to leave the lake because he's having so much fun!!





I love watching Gar with all of our nieces and nephews because he plays SO cute with them all! Our little girl is going to be so lucky and blessed to have a dad like Gar, because he is so playful and I can't wait to see him with our own!



Everyone else went out on the lake too! It was so much FUN to watch everyone get out! And Anj got out and tried Wake boarding and she DID IT! It was so awesome to see her accomplish that!




We went in and had some lunch that Laurie and Anj made, and then we were back out on the boat just enjoying the sunshine!







We finished up and went and had some dinner and played some more games! It was so great to spend some time with my family like that! I love them all so much and I think it was really good for all of us to get together and spend some time! I was also SO VERY happy that my parents were able to come up and JUST RELAX for the first time in a LONG time! They have been working EVERY night on the Salon and I just want them to know how grateful I am for all their hard work, I know they have put so much time and energy into it! Thanks Mom and Dad!

And THANK YOU STEVE AND JOEY for letting us enjoy the cabin for the weekend!!!! :)

6 comments:

Caldwell Family 6 said...

I am so happy that you got to go and have a weekend with your fam. I just did it with mine, and it's the best. It's so good to just be together isn't it! Looks like everyone had a great time! LoR

kelsey and murray said...

wahoo! love little family get aways, and not to mention to a beautiful place! glad you got to get away for awhile. you are such a darling prego woman lis!

Joey said...

Awe, I am glad that you had a good time. Everyone needs a weekend like that now and again...Glad we get to do it whenever we want! Sometimes I forget to count my blessings. I am ALWAYS happy to share our cabin with y our family Lisa!

Mandy said...

Lis it looks like you guys had a TON of fun!!!

Allan and Teresa Tipton said...

We did have a wonderful time together! Thanks Joey and Steve for letting us use your cabin!

Kacy said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I love seeing your cute belly. You are going to be the cutest little Mom. As far as looking forward to your Mom's french toast and syrup. I had to email her for her syrup recipe cause I remembered it being so yummy and it was for sure. My kids loved it.