Sunday, July 26, 2009

A more Adventurous Me!


The last show Garett was at was in New York. One of his first days there he was able to go to time square for just a little while and see some of the things there. Well he called me that night once he got back to the hotel and said that New York city was a cool place but that he thought it would be better to have me there with him so one day he would like to go there with me. So after hanging up the phone with him I got a crazy idea; "why not go there now...?" Once I finally got enough courage and decided to go I decided I wanted it to be a surprise and I was 100% certain that it would be a surprise because it wasn't like me at all to get on an airplane by myself and fly across the country to New York so I knew the thought of me going there wouldn't even cross Garett's mind. So I bought my ticket and Thursday July 16th at 11:59 p.m. I was on the plane on my way to see the love of my life! I was able to sleep pretty much the whole way there which was nice.

Once I arrived to the JFK airport and grabbed my bag I called Garett. I was SO excited! It was 6:30 a.m. and when he answered his phone and I told him he needed to come pick me up at the airport he didn't believe me, but finally I was able to convince him that I really was there and that he needed to come pick me up! He was so happy and excited-it was worth going there just to see his reaction! What a cutie!
He still needed to work but he did leave work much earlier than normal while I was there so we could go into New York City. Friday night we took the Long Island railroad into New York city and walked around Time square. It's such a crazy and different life style there.

It started to rain while we were there but we LOVED it, it only made it so much funner.



We were really goofy that night and just had so much fun with each other and the train ride back we were so goofy that it went by SO fast! :)


Saturday after Gar got off we took the train back into New York city and once we got to time square we took the subway to get on the ferry to go to the Statue of Liberty.







We had such a great time together and we were both so happy that we could experience those things together! We both had a BLAST!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thats so great. I am so happy you did that Lis, way to go. I would love to go to NYC sometime and see a show.

Stephanie said...

You look GORGEOUS in these pictures! I'm so glad you are married to my little bro! You guys are the greatest couple!

Joey said...

I still can't believe that you actually did that! Way to go LISA! I am so proud of you for taking a trip cross country by yourself. I still think it is funny that Gar thought that you were sleep talking...